The Forum for Tackling Bullying and Harassment has co-developed a set of principles focused on preventing and tackling bullying and harassment in research and innovation.
- The principles are an offering that can be used in different ways by a diverse range of organisations, they focus upon preventing and tackling bullying and harassment through positive behaviours and cultures.
- The principles will guide how the Forum for Tackling Bullying and Harassment delivers its mission and are intended to support and challenge the sector, in our shared responsibility to prevent and tackle bullying and harassment.
- The principles can be used to reflect on and improve what we do to prevent and tackle bullying and harassment.
We are committed and transparent
- We will champion tackling and preventing bullying and harassment.
- Everyone, individually and collectively, has an important role.
- We must create a culture of responsibility and accountability, where we learn from experience.
- We must take action when witness to any forms of bullying and harassment.
We encourage people to be good citizens
- We respect and model good behaviours always being mindful and accepting of those from different functions and backgrounds.
- We encourage people to be ‘good citizens’, taking responsibility for the impact of their own actions and for calling out inappropriate behaviour of others.
We champion transformative change and promising practice
- We build upon the expertise and diversity of members to create promising practice.
- We champion transformative institution-wide cultural change, informed by data and lived experiences, and executed by focused resources.
We use our experiences to influence positive change
- We, as individuals or groups, use our experiences to positively influence networks, cultures, institutes, and entities around the world.
- We use our existing collaborations to proactively engage on tackling bullying and harassment.
- We partner with other Charters, quality frameworks and industries.